See also Tokyo Japanese Wakame Seaweed Soup
Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 pound [454 g] frozen haddock fillets, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] basil or
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] curry powder
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cream
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] Worcestershire sauce
Season frozen fillets with salt and pepper.
Arrange fillets side-by-side into a 9 x 12-inch [23 x 30-cm] glass or ceramic dish.
In a bowl, mix together basil or curry powder, tomatoes, flour, minced onion and chopped celery.
Melt butter for 1 minute on ‘MAXIMUM’.
See also Boiled Lobsters
Pour melted butter into tomato mixture; pour over fish.
Cover dish with a lid or waxed paper; microwave for 10 minutes on ‘MEDIUM-MAXIMUM’.
Coat fish with sauce and, if neeeded, microwave fish for 1 to 2 minutes longer, on ‘MEDIUM-MAXIMUM’.
Transfer fish onto a warm plate.
Beat together egg and cream.
Mix in Worcestershire sauce; beat into tomato sauce.
Microwave for 2 minutes on ‘MEDIUM’, stirring after 1 minute.
Pour over fish, and serve.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Tokyo Japanese.