See also Tokyo Japanese Wakame Seaweed Soup
Ingredients For Grilled Trouts or Whitings:
- 4 to 6 small trouts or whitings
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] milk
- 1/4 cup [35 g] flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot or 3 green onions, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] white wine
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cider vinegar
Wash fish under cold running water.
Pat dry fish with paper toweling.
Pour milk into a dish.
Coat fish with milk, then with flour and finally with breadcrumbs.
Preheat a microwave-safe roasting dish on ‘MAXIMUM’, for 7 minutes.
Leaving the dish in the oven, add butter; it will brown really fast.
Immediately arrange fish, side-by-side, onto roasting dish.
See also Boiled Lobsters
Lightly press on each fish, to make sure that they really touch the dish.
Microwave for 4 minutes, on ‘MAXIMUM’.
Using a spatula, turn fish over.
Leave to rest for 5 minutes, away from heat.
Then microwave fish for 2 minutes on ‘MEDIUM’.
Remove fish from hot roasting dish.
Stir in chopped onion and minced shallot or green onions.
Microwave for 2 minutes on ‘MAXIMUM’.
Pour in white wine and cider vinegar.
Microwave for 1 minute, on ‘MAXIMUM’.
Pour over fish.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Tokyo Japanese.