See also Tokyo Japanese Wakame Seaweed Soup
Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] celery leaves, minced
- 1 tart apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons [15to 30 mL] curry powder
- 1 cup [250 mL] long grain rice
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] milk or cream
- 1 pound [454 g] cooked cod, haddock or salmon
Directions For The Dish:
In an 8-cup [2-L] dish, melt butter for 2 minutes on ‘MAXIMUM’.
See also Boiled Lobsters
Well mix in onion, garlic, celery dices with leaves and chopped apple.
Microwave for 5 minutes on ‘MAXIMUM’.
Well mix in curry powder.
Well mix in rice, chicken broth or water, salt and milk or cream.
Cover and microwave for 20 minutes on ‘MEDIUM-MAXIMUM’, stirring after 10 minutes.
Leave to rest for 15 minutes; mix in cooked fish.
Enjoy delicious recipes with Tokyo Japanese.